Today’s post is short and sweet, just like this week has been! I had an amazing weekend in Portland racing in my first triathlon and I’m off to Nantucket today for a long weekend vacation. More to come on the triathlon later; my suitcase is calling!
The star of last week’s box was definitely the green chard. Here’s the summary:
- Green Chard spring rolls (recipe coming soon!)
- Sliced carrots and cucumbers with homemade hummus
- Roasted bok choy with Italian sausage and sautéed summer squash
- Basil pesto, which I froze for later use
- Beet flatbread (using leftover beets from last year) with sautéed kale, green chard, and a basil pesto base, served with romaine lettuce salad
- Gave the kale to my brother and his girlfriend (my brother eats kale raw like it’s his job)
- Still figuring out what to do with the spring onions and carrot greens – any ideas?
This week’s box has corn! There is seriously nothing better than fresh corn in the summer – am I right?!