Anyone else feel like this week flew by? I’m honestly having a bit of writer’s block as I think back over the past week and try to write this post.
Now is as good a time as any to share that I have been training for a triathlon for the past 10 weeks. And I’ve become obsessed, especially in the last month. I eat, sleep, and think training – and I’m only doing a sprint (the shortest version of a triathlon). It has been a huge help to have a box of fresh, beautiful vegetables delivered each week – it takes the pressure off of meal planning in between workouts and lot’s of sleep! I’ll share some pictures and reflections after the race – it’s right around the corner (wish me luck).
Here’s what I did with this week’s box:
- Salsa with greenhouse tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and corn. Served with shrimp tacos and homemade tortilla chips.
- Fresh basil pesto with spring garlic.
- Salads with romaine lettuce, cucumber, steamed beets, and sautéed zucchini and summer squash.
- Grilled cheese sandwiches with pesto and sautéed zucchini and summer squash.
- Roasted fennel with greenhouse tomatoes. (My favorite dish of the week!)
- Sauteed beet greens that I froze to use in a soup some time this fall.
- Homemade fridge pickles from the extra pickling cucumbers.
Next week’s box has a vegetable I’ve never heard of – callalloo. Has anyone cooked with it before? Any preparation suggestions? Can’t wait to give it a TRI 😉