After a two week delay due to weather complications, FARM SHARE SEASON HAS ARRIVED! I have wanted a farm share for years, and I am finally the owner of one medium share from Enterprise Farm (read more about my obsession here and here). To share my farm share joy with all of you, I plan to post a short Farm Share Friday post each week, summarizing what was in my share the week before and how I used it. The plan is short and sweet, with simple descriptions of how I put the share to use. Let me know what you think as we go!
Above is a picture of my gorgeous first share – such bright, fresh colors! I’m a little scared because I already feel like I’m drowning in vegetables (in a good way, of course). I can’t wait to see what the farm has in store for the rest of the summer and fall.
So here it goes – this is how I put my share to use this week (share items are in bold):
- Cilantro sauce: pulse 1 bunch of cilantro, a garlic clove, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil in a food processor. Served over pasta and chicken.
- Field greens with a simple dressing of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Served with pasta and cilantro sauce. Enjoyed on my deck on Friday night with my best friends. Possibly my favorite share item this week.
- Kale smoothies: steamed kale with pineapple, green apple, ice, milk, and honey.
- Salads of red leaf lettuce, radishes, tomato, edamame, and quinoa. Enjoyed for lunch every day this week!
- Roasted bok choy served beside pasta and meat sauce.
- Slow roasted tomatoes (in the oven at 250 for 3 hours).
Do you have a farm share? What was your favorite item this week?