As I’m sure it has been for all of you, December has been a crazy month for me. Here’s what I’ve been up to for the past few weeks:
- I went to Orlando to work at my organization’s largest conference. I spent 6 days straight with my amazing, goofy, inspiring colleagues that I am lucky to call my friends. Although it was hard work and long days, we managed tons of fun. (That’s us in the blue polo shirts above.)
- After the conference, I spent a long weekend in Puerto Rico for a tropical getaway. It was hands down the best vacation of my life. I swam in a waterfall, kayaked into the ocean at night, saw a rainbow in the rainforest. The most fruit I ate was in my twice daily pina colada.
- As if there isn’t enough going on already, I’m applying to grad school! I have been for a few months now, but my applications are due in January so all of my extra writing brain power has been put towards putting the final touches on my application.
- I’ve been in a serious food funk. All of this travelling, working, vacationing, holiday-ing and my general abnormal schedule has me eating out more and cooking at home less. I’m hoping the New Year will bring new inspiration (and a regular schedule).
Since I’ve already fallen behind on posting this month, Cook Like Kayla is officially going on a holiday vacation. We’ll be back to regularly scheduled programming in January when life turns (sort of) back to normal. In the meantime, here are few things to look forward to in 2014:
- A post about my trip to Puerto Rico, with a corresponding recipe for mofongo (a traditional Puerto Rican dish with plantains).
- Guest posts from a few of my friends – they’ll inspire you to get creative!
- More about meal planning, exercising, and general wellness in addition to easy-to-make, inexpensive recipes.
Have a wonderful, healthy holiday season and I’ll see you in 2014!